Windermere's entrance markers are all on Tuckerman Lane. For the first section of the community, there is an entrance marker at Lux Lane on the western side of the street since one side of the street is within Windermere and the other side is not. The other two entrance markers for section one are at Ralston Drive and Arroyo Drive. These are British Colonials built by Columbia Homes and Zuckerman Katz homes on one quarter to one third acre lots. A custom home builder built a few others as well. In all, 155 homes in Windermere I are within the Heritage Walk Homeowners Association. Just one of the original model homes in Luxmanor is part of the Heritage Walk Homeowners Association. Ten of of the homes within Windermere are not part of the Heritage Walk Homeowners Association.
The entrance markers for Windermere II are on Tuckerman Lane at Lancelot Drive, and all 47 of the Zuckerman Katz homes are in the Heritage Walk subdivision and within the Heritage Walk Homeowners Association.
The three sections of Windermere comprise about 200 single family homes sitting on one quarter to one third acre sized lots. Development took place between 1970 and 2000.
The entrance marker for Windermere III is at Daybreak Court. The Williamsburg Group LLC built the third section of Windermere in 1999. This section has just six homes, are within the Heritage Walk subdivision, but not members of the Heritage Walk Homeowners Association.
Shannon & Luchs Development Co. established the Luxmanor subdivision in 1934 for 190 homes on the Morton J. and Ernestine Luchs estate of 94 acres from the remnants of the Riley Plantation. In the aftermath of the Great Depression, "subsistence homesteads" of half acre lots were built for the purpose of growing and cultivating flowers and vegetables. By 1946, R.L. Willis built homes in the 6100 block of Roseland Lane, and later Stephalee Lane. Gruver-Cooley Corporation built homes on the southern ends of Stephalee Lane, Rosemont Drive, and Luxmanor Road. The smaller and older homes are being knocked down and rebuilt as they come up for sale.
From a $1.5 million knock down Craftsman home built in 1995 to a more comfortable Chateaux with a proper slate roof.
Homes on Marcliff Road. Built in 1959 on half an acre.
Mitchell & Best homes on one third to a half acre built in 1981.
Built in the 1962 and 1966 by Community Builders, Inc. these 260 ramblers, split levels, bi-levels, and colonial homes were advertised as Bethesda homes with a country theme. Tilden Woods was the best planned subdivision for 1962.
Off of Tuckerman Lane, these custom built homes are surrounded by Tilden Woods Valley Stream Park representing perhaps the most exclusive enclave of homes on about one acre lots within North Bethesda.
Right at the corner of Old Georgetown Road and Lux Lane, these are the largest tract homes built on about a third of an acre lots in this pocket of North Bethesda. Built by Stratford Associates, LLC between 2003 and 2005. The homes are within The Oaks Homeowners Association.
Sister community to Luxmanor from the 1940s era. A circle from Danville Drive, Cushman Road, and Marcliff Road. Many of the homes have either been remodeled or rebuilt.
North of Tuckerman Lane along Ralston Road homes built in the 1950s and sitting on on half an acre. Also homes on Huntover Lane.
On and off of Tilden Lane, these homes were built in 1964. Some are being knocked down and rebuilt given the small sizes and almost half acre lot sizes.
Homes on Marcliff Road Built in 1960 on one acre.
Williamsburg colonials built in 1982. Just 7 on Hollow Tree Lane and 12 on Quaker Ridge Road in the Hollyoak Subdivision off of Tilden Lane. Homes are part of the Hollyoak Association.
Colonial homes built by Kettler Brothers between 1963 and 1966. Most of the homes are on a quarter acre lot and have a one car garage.
Colonial homes on about one quarter of an acre built in the late 1950s and 1960s adjacent to Georgetown Preparatory School.
NV Homes and US Homes built community in the late 1980s on about one third of an acre. Community sits on the former Shriver estate with Woodward High School on the western side and the Bethesda Trolley Trail on the eastern side.
Built between the early and late 1980s, this community of contemporary homes in the Tiberlawn subdivision is on the southern side of Tuckerman Lane extended near the corner of Old Georgetown Road.
Gruver-Cooley built colonial homes on a quarter acre. Older models have a one car garage, and the newer ones have a two car garage.
HEBERT PUBLISHERS, A Limited Liability Company
Copyright © 2019, 2020 North Bethesda Magazine - All Rights Reserved.
For image, map, or content reuse, please feel free to contact us.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder